We often get questions about where we stand in the adoption process. In order to help you all understand the steps we’ve been through on this journey, we have created this page. You will see all the important dates from our process and the milestones we’ve achieved!
- 11/13/18 – We submitted our pre-application to Lifeline
- 11/20/18 – We submitted our official application to Lifeline
- 11/23/18 – Our application was accepted by Lifeline
- 12/21/18 – We had our orientation interview phone call
- 12/31/18 – We had our first home study interview (in-home visit)
- 1/22/19 – We had our second home study interview
- 2/12/19 – We had our third home study interview
- 2/18/19 – We had our psychological evaluation (required for adoption)
- 3/19/19 – We mailed our I-800a to Lifeline
- 3/27/19 – Our home study was finalized
- 3/29/19 – Lifeline mailed our I-800a to USCIS
- 4/1/19 – Our I-800a was received in the “lockbox” and we sent our FBI fingerprint results to DC for federal apostille
- 4/5/19 – FBI documents apostilled and sent to Lifeline
- 4/10/19 – FBI documents received by Lifeline
- 4/11/19 – WE MAILED OUR DOSSIER TO LIFELINE (YAY)
- 4/22/19 – We had our fingerprint appointment with USCIS
- 5/16/19 – USCIS approval received
- 9/16/19 – OUR DOSSIER WAS MAILED TO COLOMBIA
- 10/3/19 – Our dossier was sent to FANA for review
- 10/9/19 – OUR DOSSIER WAS APPROVED BY FANA!!!
- 7/23/20 – Received USCIS extension
- 10/23/21 – Received 2nd USCIS extension
- 10/27/21 – Initial review for match
- 11/3/21 – VERBAL CONFIRMATION OF OUR MATCH!!!
We will update this page each time we hit a significant milestone in our process. We look forward to the day when we can list that we brought our daughter home!